Thompson Safety respects the privacy of our customers and communities.
Use and Retention of Personal Information
Examples of use of any information you voluntarily provide us are marketing, informing you of promotions, responding to questions, and complying with our legal obligations.
Sharing Your Personal Information with Others
Thompson Safety will not share or sell your information with any person or entity other than one of its affiliates and representatives unless we have your permission to do so or in accordance with the terms of this policy. Third parties will only be provided such information as is necessary in the circumstances or as compelled by law.
Security of Your Personal Information
If Thompson Safety has collected your personal information by email or other means, we use both physical and electronic security methods to retain your information securely. We only allow authorized personnel to access information thus collected.
In connection with any request or enquiry you make, your information may be made available to Thompson Safety affiliates, some of which may be based in countries that do not have privacy laws
If you want to prevent cookies being used with Google Analytics, learn more about Google Analytics Privacy.
The following information is intended for residents of California who belong to any of the following categories:
- • Persons who visit our public website located at www.cranesafetyco.com (the “Website”);
- • Persons who attend our webinars;
- • Persons who visit, follow, or interact with us through social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Accounts”);
- • Prospective Crane customers whose data we collect through our sales and marketing systems, including, without limitation, email, our customer resource management (CRM) systems, direct marketing systems, and teleconferencing systems (collectively, with the Website and Social Media, the “Sales and Marketing Systems”); and
- • Persons who are associated with shipping services we provide to our customers (e.g., recipients of shipments sent by our customers).
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- • Identifiers such as a name, postal address, email address, telephone number, fax number, username, unique personal identifier, online identifier, account name, social media profile information, date of birth, tax ID number, IP addresses, or other similar identifiers;
- • Commercial information, such as payment information, payment card information, bank information, or purchase information;
- • Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the data we receive when you interact with our website or passwords for Crane websites or portals, and information contained in your social media profiles or in comments or interactions you leave on our Social Media Accounts;
- • Professional or employment-related information, such as your employer, job title, tenure, commercial skills, or other information that may be available in an online profile; and
- • Education information, such as the university you attended and degree.
Sources from Which We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- • Directly from you (e.g., if you interact with our Sales and Marketing Systems, use our Services, or visit our websites);
- • From our customers (including their employees, contractors, and other representatives of the company);
- • From other companies within our corporate group;
- • From our service providers;
- • From social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn);
- • From third parties that provide us with lists of individuals who might be interested in becoming customers of ours; and
- • From third parties who refer you to our Services by providing your information to us.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- • Marketing or selling our Services, including identification of prospective customers and tracking and analysis of sales and marketing activities;
- • Providing or enabling the use of the Services;
- • Operating our Website;
- • Responding to your requests or questions; and
- • Sending you email marketing communications and other information about our business which we think may interest you;
- • Complying with legal requirements.
Your California Rights
California law grants residents of the state certain rights regarding the collection, use, and sharing of their personal information. Subject to certain limitations, California residents have the following rights:
- • Right to know. You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
- • Right to delete. You have the right to request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- • Right to opt out. You have the right to opt out of certain disclosures of your personal information for valuable consideration. You can exercise this right through the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link [insert link].
- • Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate if the difference is reasonably related to the value of your personal information.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of the above rights, please submit your request at [email protected] or call us at +1 877- 877.506.4291.
A request to disclose or delete your information must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, a resident of California and it must describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
There may be circumstances where we will not be able to fulfill your request. For example, if you request deletion, we may need to retain certain personal information to comply with our legal obligations or for other permitted purposes. In such cases, we will inform you of the reasons we cannot fulfill your request.
If you are submitting a request through an authorized agent, we may require you to (1) provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and (2) verify your own identity and residency directly. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the consumer to act on their behalf.